Sydney, Australia’s Property and Lifestyle Capital
Commonly referred to as the ‘Harbour City’, Sydney was the site of the first European settlement in Australia (1788), and has grown to be the nation’s pre-eminent city and financial capital. Widely acknowledged as one of the world’s top-ten most livable addresses, it is a rare natural beauty and home to a population made up of approximately 190 nationalities.
For the property buyer, Sydney offers a rich selection of architectural styles and geographic locations, ranging from beachside ecocentric designs to funky inner-city apartments and victorian terraces; from grand sandstone double-storeys by the water to the elegant federations and californian bungalows of the inner-west. Rest assured, Sydney can accommodate every lifestyle need.
7 Reasons to buy property in Sydney
1. Strong and stable government supports economic growth and social harmony free from significant political unrest and military conflict.
2. A fast growing population combined with the state’s wealth of mineral and agricultural resources offer long-term scope for international investment.
3. Historically stable employment rates and dynamic business growth are characteristic features of Sydney’s economic landscape.
4. Good transport, health and education services are well-served by a world-class communication and information technology infrastructure
5. A temperate climate with approximately 236 sunny days a year – average temperatures ranging in summer 17°- 26°C and winter 9°- 17°C.
6. Sydney enjoys outdoor living and clean-air, supports good health and exercise, and promotes public celebration of cultural diversity.
7. The geographic challenges with the CBD surrounded by the ocean to the east and a harbour in between increases the premium on properties close to the city centre.
Sydney, a safe bet for property buyers
When it comes to property, whether for owner-occupiers or investors, Sydney is widely regarded as a low-risk market. A rule of thumb within the industry is that good properties have doubled in value on average every 7 – 10 years.
Sydney property sales trending upwards
Tim Lawless, research director at RP Data, confirms that confidence in the Sydney market is backed up by property sales achieved over the last 12 months. "Sydney dwelling values are now 15.8 per cent higher than their previous peak,” which is “substantially more than Melbourne, where dwelling values have risen by 4.7 percent.” (http://www.rpdata.com, 1 April 2014)
In its 2013 Australian Housing Outlook report, leading property forecaster, BIS Shrapnel, predicted a 19% rise in Sydney house prices over the next three years (http://www.bis.com.au). The current median house price of $690,000 is expected to reach $820,000 by June 2016, on the back of rising demand and continued under-supply.
“Using a buyer’s agent for the first time to find an investment property was a new and very satisfying experience. We were absolutely thrilled with every aspect of the service provided by Nick Viner. It definitely made the process stress free and time effective. Nick was a pleasure to deal with at every stage of the process. He helped us find the perfect property, did all the bidding on our behalf and enabled us to purchase it prior to auction. We would have no hesitation in using Nick again and highly recommend Buyers Domain.”
Paul and Mary, Sydney
Buyer’s Domain, Buyers Agent Sydney. Professionals get the best results
If you’re considering buying property on the Sydney market, make sure you put yourself in a winning position at the contest with a buyers agent Sydney. Nick Viner, from Buyer’s Domain, has a background as a lawyer with 10 years’ experience in a high-profile city practice, and is a full-member of the Real Estate Buyers’ Agents Association of Australia (REBAA). Winner of the 2012 Real Estate Institute of NSW Award for Excellence, Nick manages the whole property buying process from beginning to end.
Fixed fee, stress-free and results-focused, you buy property with confidence when you buy with Buyer’s Domain, Buyers Agent Sydney.
Buyer’s Domain - we’ll get you home.